Postanowienia Noworoczne, czyli New Year’s Resolutions
Phrases used to talk about plans and intentions for the future:
I’M GOING TO…
I’m going to spend more time with my family.
I’M NOT GOING TO…
I’m not going to work so much.
I’M PLANNING TO…
I’m planning to visit Paris in July.
I HOPE TO…
I hope to read more books this year.
I WOULD LIKE TO…
I’d like to be more organized.
I might take some dance classes, if I have enough free time.
I may look for a new job. My current job is too stressful.
I’M THINKING OF/ABOUT…
I’m thinking about moving to a different city – but I’m not sure where.
– Have you got any resolutions for the New Year?
– I’m going to start exercising more, for one thing. I hope to lose 10 kilograms by June.
– Why June?
– My best friend is getting married, so I’d like to look good in the wedding pictures!
– That’s a good motivator!
– How about you? What are you going to change this year?
– I’m going to cut down on my spending – I’m not going to eat out, I’d like to start cooking at home instead.
– How come? Are you saving up for something?
– Yeah, I’m planning to buy a flat by the end of the year.
– Ah, that’s fantastic. Whereabouts?
– Probably in the same neighborhood where I live now – but I might look at some other areas if I can find a good price.
– Great, well, good luck with your goals!
– Thanks, you too.
Dowiedz się więcej:
⇒ Intensywny, skuteczny, zindywidualizowany kurs angielskiego – czy to możliwe?
⇒ Weekendowy kurs angielskiego
⇒ Tygodniowy kurs angielskiego dla dorosłych
⇒ Ferie dla młodzieży – zima