10 Halloween idioms and expressions
- Make someone’s blood boil – to make someone very angry
Ex: It just makes my blood boil to think of the amount of food that gets wasted around here.
- Ghost town – a deserted place where there are few or no people
Ex: I woke up at 5 a.m. to go for a run. It felt like a ghost town, I didn’t see anyone!
- Stab in the back – to stab someone in the back means to betray them
Ex: I told her to keep it a secret, but she told everyone. To be honest, it feels like a stab in the back.
- Skeletonin the closet – a scandal that is kept secret
Ex: Everyone has at least one skeleton in the closet.
- Skeleton staff – the fewest number of people needed in an office
Ex: Our company always operate with a skeleton staff over the Christmas period.
- Scared someone to death – to frighten someone very much
Ex: Thunderstorms scare me to death.
- Scarethe pants off someone – to frighten someone a lot
Ex: The film “Nightmare on Elm Street” scared the pants off me.
- Make the bloodrun cold – a sound, sight, or thought that frightens you very much
Ex: The screams in the woods made my blood run cold.
- In cold blood – to act in cold blood is to do something without any emotion and deliberately
Ex: The victim was shot in cold blood.
- A witchhunt – a campaign against a person or group who have different or unpopular views
Ex: There was a lot of witch-hunting in the ruling party.
Intensywny kurs angielskiego dla dorosłych? – Sprawdź!
Letni obóz językowy dla dzieci – Sprawdź!
Letni obóz językowy dla młodzieży – Sprawdź!
Intensywny, skuteczny, zindywidualizowany kurs angielskiego – czy to możliwe?